Saturday, February 24, 2007

We are still having fun. PJ hasn't quite been on the phone the entire time, but it's been close. I replaced the iPod and have loaded some music on it so I don't have to overhear every phone conversation.

I worked on my tan for a bit...

...and blew right past tan to red.
PJ worked on his tan for a bit...

...and, well, looks about the same as usual.

Now, for the event report:
The practice session on new tires yesterday led us to miss the setup a bit. We found the car a bit loose (I nearly spun my first run) so after 2nd runs, decided to let some air out of the rear tires. That led to the rear sticking a lot better, and gave us a much better balanced car. It still severely needs new shocks, but it went fast enough for me to hold the lead over a big Audi S4 by 0.156 sec. I should have been faster, having made some mistakes I can easily account for. PJ held onto 5th, with a 38.571. For those keeping track, I'm beating him by 0.567. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are very tight as well, so we have strong potential for things to move around after tomorrow's runs. I'll really need to be on my game and have dry weather to hold the lead. Unfortunately, dry weather does not really look too likely, but we will see. Our only real rain tire option are the set of Dunlop snow tires, which we used to get here, and will need for the drive home as well it seems.
The car has really gotten a lot of attention, usually of the nature such as "you guys really drove that all the way from Connecticut?" We've also received some "wow, you're pretty fast in that thing," though the fast guys in AS are beating us, never mind super stock.
We also ran into another New Englander here:

Like the other guy from Vernon, CT at the event, Jinx is also winning. His lead is somewhat more commanding, and he has actual rain tires.
Saturday results are here.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Chris really looks like he is having fun! I wish I was there! Good luck! Rob