Saturday, February 10, 2007

ALL HAIL THE KA24DE TURBO!!

The new engine sees daylight once again, having been dormant for just about a year now, thanks to an incorrectly torqued rod bolt and a backwards bearing. No, I didn't build it. If I did, I'd have been drunk and put it on right, and my engine would be powered the GFab way: by alcohol.
The old oil pan needed some attention, but rather than do what we do best (hit things with a hammer), I welded up an oil drain fitting to a new(er) oil pan. I played with fire. It was fun. Oil pan + welder = good times.
Add a transmission and accessorize and this badboy is ready for some Panda fun!! Notice Quag bowing to the awesomeness that is the ironblock 4-cylinder engine of doom.
Engine is mounted, and as it stands tonight, the entire intake side is done, transmission filled and shifter installed, wiring slightly mended, and the car is ready for the radiator. The one snag, is that Quag is incapable of installing a bolt onto a flange, but more on that story later. I'm dead tired, and my engine bay is less sad looking.

Tomorrow I'll start this fucker and get this Panda broken in so it can go find some speed :P

-PJ

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yay, comments.