Monday, July 19, 2010

I Want an S Chassis

A weekend alone means I need to keep myself busy. And busy I did keep.

Saturday brought the annual meet at 240sxMotoring in Milford, CT. Good fun, and nice to meet people, but damn. It was so hot, I felt like I could have been in Hell. You know what, maybe I was. There were these Genesi (?) that kept making their BOV's go off at like 2 mph. How cool of you. When it comes to motor vehicles, I have zero national pride.

NER on Sunday. I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. But I get shit done. 6 runs, (yes we were late to start), minimal reruns, excellent timing and scoring peoples, and NO ARGUMENTS from any other place. Well, except a certain someone that has made a reappearance to NER that is obnoxiously irritating. Yeah. You all know who I mean. Damn. Was hoping that ship had sailed to some other club.

As for the driving part of racing (because sometimes you have to do that), I think I channeled my inner suck. I ran a 70.5 for my second run, and then couldn't touch it all day. I also took a run in 4th gear...awesomely fast I was not. On the plus side, I was only just a little over 3 seconds behind PZ, which is much closer than normal. On the double plus side, I didn't end up spinning, or in the grass. Triple plus was that fastest run= in the first 3.

No pictures. Ass kicking. Again. Plus I worked a lot.

Due to some upsetting phone calls, I got lots of hugs. Thanks everyone. I needed them.

Renegade Miata next. First time running with them, in a car I've never driven. Woo hoo! Maybe I will suck less.

No comments: