Monday, July 12, 2010

Spin or Win:: The Story of Finger Lakes

I'm really good at spinning cars. Especially cars I haven't driven in a year, that are a different drivetrain than what I've been driving, that are on street tires, that are way tighter than I'm used to, on pavement that sucks. And I'm really good at letting one stupid spin get to me for an entire weekend. I was like...10 seconds off pace on Sunday, just because I was being super slow and cautious. All that Need for Speed training did nothing.

Ok, the spin was epic. Agricultural, even. There was still grass on the trailer hitch, and mud everywhere, on Sunday afternoon.
Photo courtesy of minibeetle

Yeah. Hilaaaaaaarious. I am not smooth. I am not confident after a run like that. My inputs are stabby, and I can't drive for shit on street tires. And I am SUNBURNED. Yeah.

Otherwise, it was fun. Setting up tents in the torrential rain is always a good time. Also, the Finger Lakes should probably be renamed to Disgustingly Dirty and Full Of Seaweed Lakes. They were literally raking and shoveling it out. No swim for you.

Nate Whipple ghetto rigged some springs, so now owns G-Fab magnets. It was second places all around for NER, with a few 1's and 3's too...results are here.

No pictures. Sorry. I was way too busy getting my ass kicked.


No comments: