Monday, July 12, 2010

There's No Place Like Cones


If only this weekend was as incredible as my Droid Incredible, which is remarkably faster than Jenna's Droid Incredible, which is still incredible but not to the incredible credibility that is within my incredible Incredible. Dave wants a Droid Incredible like mine, but unfortunately since he's afraid of Walmart (and subsequently the people of Walmart) he's settling for a Motorola Droid X. Sorry Dave, nobody likes their ex.

It's kind of like how nobody likes their powerband falling flat on its face, akin to how the 240sx has been when it blows out spark while retarding timing like an incredible flux-capacitor enabled DeLorean. With incredible vigor, we finally conquered the beast of retardation and finally got the AEM EMS firing the LS7 coils to the tune of 19psi. The incredible happy fun pedal is back!!


However, as someone-who-used-to-drive-an-incredibly-front-wheel-drive-car-but-needs-to-play-golf-again-sometime-soon knows, power is nothing if you can't put it down. Poor suspension geometry plays a big role in that, and being an engineer, I'm supposed to be good at geometry! After an incredible amount of calculation which I can credit to my credo as an engineer, I devised a plan to ripoff someone else's work. Taking notes from Def over at Nissan Road Racing, I popped in some cheap lower control arms, drilled out my spindles (with my bare hands), and spaced out the outer ball joints as far as possible. The result: Incredible.

Our driving: Incredibly poor. Dave was incredibly fast. Dave was also incredibly dirty. He must've been drinking too much Cognac (Cone-yak?). Cones on each run pushed him into the 3rd spot, with raw times that were fast enough to scare XP cars. I was incredibly slow. Can't really say much about that. I can't drive, 55, but slow is at least better than dirty, putting me in second in SM. Todd was in it on Saturday, but incredibly copied my Saturday performance on Sunday much to our dismay. His first two runs were dirty, with a bad cone that would've had him safely in 2nd on his second run by a couple seconds. That left a 3rd run to not go for it and play it almost-too-safe to not hit cones, putting him in second place in SSM by 0.010 seconds, an incredibly small margin, if you ask me.

Up next: Holy Toledo

No comments: