Sunday, July 01, 2007

Semi-new carRRRRRRRRRR!!

So, in the event of crashing the panda, it was time to find a donor chassis to see what I could salvage out of this season and start preparing the little stuff for next year's Street Modified attempt. Thanks to jenna I found an awesome piece of crap S14. It just happened to be a 1995 240sx SE model, complete with the 5 lug hubs and 5spd transmission, not to mention power locks and the SE front lip.

Quirks noted upon buying the car:
-Front end damage
-Rear end damage
-Rear 1/4 panel damage
-Corrosion everywhere, but surprisingly decent frame rails! (rear floor is another story though)
-Bad clutch/ TO bearing
-Windows dont work

Quirks found later:
-Pool cue and ROCK in driver's side door
-Burned out window switches on both doors
-Burned out window relay
-Blown up clutch

Soooooo much work to do on the car. It's not even funny. My first deal is gonna be passing emissions but it was throwing fits over the EGR. I'll clean that and dump some "emissions pass" crap in the tank and see what happens, I guess. Once I have it fully registered, it'll be some suspension swappage time, a more thorough PB Blaster bath, and some widebody overfenders and hopefully a single-color paintjob!!!

Here's progress on it:

Even the piece of crap thumbnail picture won't work. Ah well, it's only a week or two untill I can slamma' jamma' this car to the pavement and hack the rear fenders into submission. I'm sooooo tempted to run ITB's on this thing and go DSP.

Because I can. Bish!!!

-PJ
"Now with 10% less trauma induced sleep!!"

No comments: