Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mosst Have Forgotten to Update!

The Stirling Moss Runoff was held last Sunday. Driver of the Year was awarded, and woo hoo. Great battle I think. Though I don't really know because I didn't do all the Standard Deviation math. But more importantly, our transmission held together (all day!), and took 2nd in Pax and 3rd in raw time, right behind A Mod. That's a big deal!

Also, our replacement tranny is on its way to us from Tennessee. Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only Ten I see! (Yes, someone actually tried to use that line on me once.) We should be seeing it within a week, and we'll have it popped in soon after that. Which leaves the single working tranny for my future ST car...hm....

Nate Whipple in his DSP ITARRRRRRRGH won the Moss. Yay Nate! He runs G-Fab magnets, and is fast enough to be in G-Fab, but I dunno why he has never received his introductory shirt. Hm. I dunno. Maybe some day Nate will get his shirt. It's a coveted thing, I tell you.
Of course the day wouldn't have been complete without some tire smoke:
I've learned from the pros. I was trying to nail a launch as soon as the flag went down...I didn't do so well, as I had about a 1.5 second delay. I actually scrubbed off about a year's worth of rubber on my launch. I'm practicing for pros! (Who taught me how to race!!!)
Aside from that, it was a great event with the region's best drivers! Team Challenge is next, and I am pretty sure we have a great team that just might win!

Before I sign out, I have to say that I had more fun in Mike Lodsin's STS CRX at the last FCSCC event, than I've had in a LONG time. I had WAY more fun than I thought I would, did better than I thought I would, and fit in the car just about as awkwardly as I expected. I would have liked to go faster, but jeez. Holy crappy shit, that car is so much fun! It was a blast to drive, so thank you Mike! It makes me (almost) want to run an ST class! Though I think I'm going to have to figure out something about the seating positions....




*All Photos except the last Courtesy of Ed Savage*

No comments: