Thursday, June 07, 2007




High octane fuel is the other 1%.

Took the panda to Bristol Dyno in East Hartford, CT. Loads of fun repeatedly pulling to redline under load. Yaaaay. I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it.

So, after a few shakedown runs, I started getting the hang of the Emanage Ultimate that Jeff at 240sxMotoring convinced me to go with (over DIY ECU daughterboard installs like the Bikirom that Mark went with on "wings"). The thing made tuning very easy, and tons of flexibility and options. Still haven't gotten into the more complicated features, though. Since Dave and Paul will be on the car and I'll be drunk passed out somewhere in a cheap hotel room (yay weddings) I didn't want any chance of anything going haywire. Turbos scare them, unless they work properly, in which case their turbophobia somehow turns into mash-the-gas-itis. It's a common disease, generally found in the less-mature portion of today's society, and most notably, GFab.

Anyways, got the larger injectors working, and forced the ECU to stop dumping fuel (i.e. stuttering). Also had to advance my ignition slightly because retarded ignitions are for the short bus, and everything ended up giong great. The GT2871r that I stole from Mark fawking rocks!! Full boost by 3krpm, and stays there all the way to redline! I'm SOOO *somewhat angered* that I can't drive it for the Devens Tour, but I'm sure Dave and Paul will have *buttloads* of *semi*-hungover *fun*!!

*****....

Here's what they have to work with. I overlayed the dyno tune that Chris and I ran in Georgia, as well as Quag's Civic HX for dramatic effect:



You can see that the power of the turbo is almost on par with the neck-snapping raw power of VTEC found in economy class civics. I was amazed!! YOU CAN ALMOST SEE THE DIFFERENCE!

Also installed some Koni 8611 double adjustable struts, and OTS yellow shocks with stiffer badasser Eibach ERS springs.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

The car is on rails. Damn weddings. I have a 7 drink minimum imposed on me. Sure hope it's open bar....


GOOD LUCK GFAB ON THE BEATINGS OF STREET MODIFIEDS AND "D" & "F" STREET PREPAREDNESS!! And also to DS, GS, and STS..... L!!!

i'm out.
-PJ

No comments: